CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 24, 2013

This Week's Music

I find music to be fascinating. I often wonder what makes us enjoy the sounds we enjoy. I've been fortunate enough to be exposed to many genres and decades in my life. Thanks to my mom for the classic country peppered with Otis Redding and Percy Sledge. My sister helped too. Although only four years older than me she liked music from the few previous decades (We were teens in the 90's). I think Bob Seger will always be an all time fave for me. But, my teen influences are still a big part of me so Sublime and Nirvana are never far away. In the last 7 years or so, I have discovered a love for modern folk and I cannot get enough. When I write these posts they will mostly be filled with my more recent finds. I love the passion, the voices, the sounds that you just know move within the artist's soul. Rarely is this found in mainstream music of today.
I like to post about music every now and again in order to promote artists that IMHO deserve recognition. Sometimes I post old songs that might ignite vague memories and nostalgia. Whatever may come of it, here's my list for this week:

And Then You by Greg Laswell
Poncho and Lefty by Townes Van Zandt (the original is beautiful but this guy has a great voice and I love hearing him sing this)
Come and Find Me by Josh Ritter
When I'm Away From You by The Bellamy Brothers
Lord, I Hope This Day is Good by Brandon Rhyder (again, let's not forget the original but this is a must listen)
My Own Worst Enemy by Lit (anyone remember 90's alternative)
Collie Man by Slightly Stoopid
The Stable Song by Gregory Alan Isakov
Out of the Dark by Matt Hires
Best Dress by Damien Jurado

I love, love, love Matt Hires. I  swiped this video from youtube and I hope you all enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment