Thursday, March 14, 2013
Posted by Shelley Paige at 5:14 AM
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
I really can't believe I was nominated for a blogging award especially since I've felt like I haven't put my best effort into it lately. I was nominated by BreAnne at The Pinspired Mom! Check her out!
The Liebster Award is an award given to Bloggers by other Bloggers! That makes it even more special!
Here are the Rules:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
My 11 random facts:
1. Like my nominator, I have three children and they're all girlie poos!
2. I believe in the Holy Trinity
3. I love sweets, especially chocolate.
4. My husband is loud, crazy, super cute, and a bit, ahem, annoying:)
5. I like cats more than dogs.
6. My hobbies are reading, drawing, and painting.
7. I'm shamefully impatient.
8. I'm 5'2"
9.I'm the proud aunt of the cutest boy, Odin
10. My favorite movie so far this year is Lawless
11. I think video games are weird.
My answers to BreAnne:
1. I live in Lousiana
2. I am married
3. I have had three surgeries (two c-sections).
4. I don't have any actual phobias, but any bug will make me shriek. I just can't figure out why God put them here.
5. My favorite flavor cupcake is the Heath Bar cupcake made by a girl in my hometown.
6. My least favorite household chore is washing dishes(esp the ones that don't fit in the dishwasher.) I think it's because they seem never ending.
7. I have a yorkie named Fideaux, a stray cat named Sebastian aka the Boobie, and another little kitten named Mumford.
8. I would change my name to Dallas.
9. I own my home.
10. My biggest pet peeve is the sound of people chewing.
11. I am a Leo.
My questions to my nominees:
1. What do you do for a living?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What is the biggest difference between your life as an adult in comparison to the adults with whom you grew up?
4. What is your favorite recipe (either to eat or prepare)?
5. How many kids do you have?
6. What are you most anticipating this year?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. Who is your hero?
9. Do you have any hobbies and if so, what are they?
10. Who is your least favorite celebrity?
11. Name your favorite band of either the 70's or 80's?
Now for my 11 nominees:
Posted by Shelley Paige at 3:18 PM
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
So, this time around, the republicans didn’t budge, and good for them. This time the GOP says, “you know what, Obama, you’ve had two months, and as usual, you did nothing. So, you aren’t taxing us more. You fix it. You make the necessary cuts.” Keep in mind, Obama chose where he made the cuts.
What do you think Obama did? Cut out the free food and phones for 25 year able-bodied males who haven’t even applied for a job in the last year? Or maybe stop fully supporting women with 5 illegitimate kids? You know what, if you couldn’t afford the first one you shouldn’t have had the second, third…etc. How about not allowing people to spend thousands of dollars on rims, nails, hair while I work overtime and send my taxes to them to pay for their food? How many more examples are there?
Did he cut any of these areas of excessive spending? Nope. Instead, he stopped daily White House tours, he stopped the serving of breakfast for our deployed troops, he stopped national park tours, and no more tuition assistance for our troops. They can use their GI bill. Then he had the nerve to say the GOP would rather hurt our military than to pay more taxes. No, Obama, you chose that. Over all the things you could have chosen, you went with that.
The top 2% shouldn’t have to pick up the slack for your irresponsible spending and poor leadership. And let's be honest, is he really on the side of the middle class? I am the middle class. He's not worried about me. My taxes are going up while their freebies keep flowing in. At some point we all have to take responsibility for our actions, but do we really have to take everyone else’s too? Where does this end and when will the blind followers learn?
Posted by Shelley Paige at 8:02 PM
Sunday, March 3, 2013
If this offends you, you are part of the problem.
We need more people willing to stand up and speak the truth. Not from a political standpoint and not even for yourself as an individual. We need to stop allowing media to tell us what we think, use facts and our moral fiber to draw conclusions. Imagine a world with more Henson Ongs and Benjamin Carsons. Oh, what a wonderful world that would be.
Posted by Shelley Paige at 11:51 AM