CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 19, 2013

P90X update and inspiration...

And no you are not getting photos just yet.

Today is day 13. It is really amazing how quickly I have built up strength. For the first 5 days I thought for sure I would kill over at just any moment. But, alas, I sit here and type this. Although my clothes aren't fitting differently, my legs feel much more solid and around my ribs seems to be shrinking. I know what you're thinking....only day 13 and possible shrinkage..yeah, right.

Let me tell you...Four months after I had Avery I realized I was still a cow. This realization came in stark contrast to the 100 lbs I weighed a solid 6 weeks after giving birth to Kyndall. So, I was more resilient back then and it took me 4 months to admit that I must get up and work out. 

In come, P90X... and out comes...super fit Shelley.

Avery is now 3 and a half and we also have an almost 2 year old. So, I am no longer super fit Shelley. 

Now, if you're wondering why I said "seems" to be shrinking, it's because I haven't yet mustered the nerve to weigh or measure for fear of disappointment. This is irrational and I do not care. I can't compare numbers until I am SURE they'll be on my side. Nor will you get picks until then.

But, I feel stronger and more energetic and am quite sure I've already made progress.  

My next step in this is to stop eating junk. I don't have a terrible habit, but if I happen across a bowl full of chocolate covered carmel, well, what's a girl to do?

4 comments:

Lucero De La Tierra

Shelley, you sound JUST LIKE ME. I took much longer to decide I need to get off my butt. I'm finally trying to merge diet AND exercise because one or the other in the past has had only fleeting results. I know with every restart the body resists so I'm at the point where you are now with the tape measure - no comparison til I can actually feel that I'm smaller.

BTW, thank you for visiting my blog http://blog.earthformed.com. Good luck in the Melissa and Doug Deluxe Play Center giveaway.

A

Congratulations!! Feeling better and stronger is just as important as anything else! You're doing a great job!

I'm your newest follower via CaseyLeigh :) Look forward to reading more!

Aanika from www.theactivemum.com

RanchMommy

Congratulations!! Go get it!! My biggest nemesis is sweets and I found the bestest compromise ever!!!! Two scoops of vanilla icecream, milk (I use vanilla almond milk), a rounded teaspoon of hotchocolate powder and a whole banana in a blender. BAM Chocolate, banana, sweet yummy icecream and a low cal treat! Can't wait to read more!

Unknown

good for you girl!! my husband is doing the challenge!! love your blog ;)

Post a Comment