CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Advent update

Surprisingly, I haven't gone into convulsions for lack of chocolate. I suspect that making room for Jesus has something to do with Him helping me through these first few days. I am always amazed that no matter how far away I feel I am from Him, I can always see the ways He is working in my life. Sometimes it's in order to help me, but sometimes He is teaching me and pointing out my errs. The latter, clearly, is harder for me to absorb but frankly more necessary. I have always marched to my own beat. I am impulsive, impatient, and plenty of other "im-s" and for these I tend to feel guilt and completely removed from all forms of life. I shrink into my mind and find contentment in solitude. This is comfort. This is not what I was made for. I am a wife, a mother, a healer, and a child of God. Solitude should some after responsibilities have been fulfilled. God is my reminder. And sometimes it is hard to hear. Advent is a season to bring that voice closer while removing obstacles, obsessions, and impulsivities(which may or may not be a word). Good night all and may this season bring you to the place you most belong, not the place you are most content.

0 comments:

Post a Comment